Home » Search results for hedges
Translate This Page (An Approximation)
Powered by Google Translate.
News & Olds
BREAK THE SURFACE
To ride the unbalance* between:
1. excellence and a kind, singular and porous identity that contains some of the scruples, humor, musicality & the beauty of a harsh and confusing, yet benign and rich reality - away from distractions.
2. the stupidity and blindness of complacency, violence, injustice,
pretense, egos, short-term/wishful and group "thinking," and empty talk - in all of their surprising embodiments.
An appeal for a world NOT so caught up in anthropo/ego/euro/ethno/oculo/esthetico -CENTRISM.
1. Beware of those who claim to be strong - they are often dangerous.
2. Unmask the hoax of "centrality" - ask an "EX-centric" for assistance?
3. Perceive the arrogance of normalcy: everybody, in one way or another, is handicapped... which brings us back to 1.
*Not unrelated to "There is beauty and there are the humiliated. Whatever difficulties the enterprise may present, I should like never to be unfaithful either to the second or the first." --- Albert Camus
___________________Screens Reveal AND Conceal
Born and raised in Paris, Pier Marton moved to the U.S. in the early seventies to live in Los Angeles, Chicago, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco and, more recently, St. Louis; in parallel to teaching media at major universities, his many video-art activities have included video installations, performances and documentaries (with works in prominent museums like MoMA and Beaubourg).
As new media offers more and more a form of pseudo-challenge to the status quo, for Pier Marton it is “no-media” that now represents the next frontier: to look beyond media and most concepts, however "practical" those may appear to be.
He is available for presentations and workshops on:
Non-Images & No-Media - Slow Cinema - Shoah and Film- Experimental Cinema and Video Art - Film Painting in Sound/Movement - Non-Violent Media - Imperfection in Film - Unclassifiable Music/Arts - Blinded by Sight - The Shoah in 1,000 Years - A Porous Reality - Secular Jews - Taking it the Hard Way - Exhilarating Creativity - and anything else that may be ignored by society at large.